2014年9月23日星期二

Week 1: Introduction

CSC165 is a course about expression.
In the first week, anything seems normal and not very hard to understand.

At the beginning, the professor showed a slide about the language ambiguity.
Since I'm not an English native speaking, it was a little bit difficult to point out the double meaning of some sentences. Fortunately, I understood that the professor tried to tell us the importance of precision in computer language.

After that, I learned how to write code about sets in python.
It's tricky that we don't write {x for x in S and x > 6} as we say, we use "if" instead of "and".

Then some more hard things appeared.
For example, for "all({x in S2 for x in S1}", it means for each elements in S1, if it is also in S2, then this single judgement is True, if all judgments are True, the the whole statement is True.
For example, S1 = {1,2,3}, S2 = {3,4}. Element 1 is in S1 but not in S2, so the first judgement is False. (Actually we can say the statement is False already) So do element 2. But 3 in S1 is also an element of S2, so we can change the statement into all({False, False, True}).

For the first week in U of T, I am exited and nervous. Courses are not so hard and I have plenty of free time. But since it's my first time to live in a place where people speak English only.
Hope I didn't make lots of grammar mistakes in the SLOG.

没有评论:

发表评论